Porcupine

Posted on Updated on

Ran into some issues bending the fuselage sides against the mirror mount base. One joint broke and a piece of wood split a little bit.

image

Mailed TEAM Mini-Max for advice on what to do.

To correct this I added a corner block.

image

Covered the area with a gusset.

image

Both fuselage sides were prepared in the same way. After mixing up some epoxy I went to work gluing and clamping ending up with my fuselage corner looking like a porcupine.

image

image

It was a little extra work but I am happy with the results and this part of the fuselage is much stronger now. Since I am using the nose wheel option this added reinforcement might even be helpful.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s