Before covering the tail section of the fuselage I thought it would be a good idea to build some static ports and run the tubing. The flight manual says to put the static ports in the center of the diagonal between stations six and seven.
I cut a 3/4″ cube from some scrap wood and drilled a 19/64″ hole through the center. Then used a 11/32 to drill nearly all the way through leaving about 1/8″ of the 19/64″ hole.
I then put some CA ( super glue ) on the 19/64″ portion of the hole. Once dry I run a 1/8-27 NPT tap through the hole. As the tap cut I would remove it, add more CA, let it dry and then tap a little deeper. The end result is some nice strong threads in the block.
Next I cut a 1 1/2″ square piece of 1/8″ plywood and drilled a 19/64″ hole in the center.
Next I used the 19/64″ drill bit to line up the block and plywood to glue them together.
Now the hose adapter can be installed so you can get an idea of the final result.
The plug on the outside is some fastener I found at the local hardware store. To make them useful I drilled a 1/16″ hole in the center.
I glued the assembly in the center of the diagonal between stations six and seven.
Once the glue was set I vanished the exposed wood then started running the tubing. I put a tee between the two ports.
Drilled a hole in the elevator cable bracket on station six to hold the tubing.
Did the same at station five and a hole was drilled in station four directly under the left rudder cable.
Another hole was drilled in the seat support directly above the elevator trim cable.
The tube follows the same path as the trim cable up behind the instruments. I did not connect it to the instruments yet because I have not decided on the exact routing behind the dash so no pictures of that. The plan is to add tee so it can be connected to the air speed indicator and altimeter.